The Sugar Free Family Cookbook Christmas Giveaway!
Looking to go Sugar Free? Well we have just the book to help you on your way!!
Our regular ThoseLondon Chicks contributor Sarah Flower is offering you the chance to win her brilliant book The Sugar Free Family Cookbook! It’s packed to the brim of LOTS of fantastic recipes to help you kick the SUGAR habit!
Sarah is a nutritionist, author and mum of two, she is down to earth in her approach to health and cookery. This new book features her favourite family recipes, including cakes, biscuits and confectionary, all sugar free! This low carb, low fructose and sugar free book is a must for anyone wants to improve their health, lose weight and balance blood sugars. This brilliant book would make a fantastic Christmas gift or a brilliant motivator for becoming sugar free in the new year!!
Here is a previously published sugar free recipe by Sarah Flower.
Sugar Free Faux Ferrero
I must concede that I had very little to do with this recipe. My son decided to make my sugar-free chocolate spread. I left him too it and only intervened when he shouted that the mixture was too thick. He had blended everything together instead of blending the hazelnuts first, so we ended up with a thick, chocolate mixture with a combination of whole and blended hazelnuts. It tasted amazing and we soon realised it was exactly like Ferrero Rocher. We then abandoned the idea of chocolate spread, made these into balls and then coated with chocolate. How wonderful!
Makes 15-20 Chocolates
200g hazelnuts, blanched
75g dark chocolate, melted
2tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp. cocoa or cacao powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
50g dark chocolate, melted
2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 160c and add hazelnuts to a baking tray and roast for 8-10 minutes. When the nuts are warm it helps them to release their oils, making a much smoother spread.
- For ease of use, I use blanched hazelnuts but if you use ones with the skin on you will have to remove these before adding to the blender. You can do this by placing in a freezer bag and shaking/rolling which will remove most of the skins.
- Whilst the hazelnuts are heating up, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together.
- Place all the ingredients into a blender or processor. I use my nutribullet. Blend until smooth, but not too much as you don’t want it to become a chocolate spread!
- Scrape out into a bowl, it will be a thick blend of chocolate. If it is too wet to handle, pop in the fridge or freezer for 10 minutes to firm up a little.
- Pop on some disposable gloves, gather a teaspoon or so of mix and form into a ball. Pop a whole hazelnut into the centre and reball. Place on a sheet of greaseproof paper.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Melt more chocolate and coconut oil, combine well. Dip the balls into the chocolate (I place each ball on the end of a fork and dip into the chocolate) or pour the chocolate over the balls – whatever you find easier. Sprinkle with some chopped hazelnuts. Refrigerate again until set.
- As these contain coconut oil, I tend to keep them refrigerated to prevent going soft.
How to Enter our Sugar Free Family Cookbook Competition
It’s so simple. All you have to do is follow us on Twitter and retweet our competition Tweet! For details of Terms and conditions read the section below. This competition is only open to UK residents. Sorry Chicks from across the pond!
Terms and Conditions:
Terms and Conditions
2. Employees of Those London Chicks Ltd or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available above and available on @LondonChicks Twitter feed.
5. Closing date for entry will be 15.12.2017 After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: Follow @Londonchicks on twitter and retweet the competition tweet.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen at random.
12. The winner will be notified by twitter DM within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter will contact the winner for address details to send the prize to. Only UK Address’s are permitted for Prizes to be sent to.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner’s name will be available as soon as randomly picked and announced on Twitter and on our Website.
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Those London Chicks Ltd and not to any other party. We will not use or store your information in anyway.