- Who says that you have to spend a fortune to throw an amazing party? Celebrations should be a source of fun, not a source of anxiety over breaking your budget. That’s why we love any a good DIY project! DIY party decorations and favors are a great way to not only save some money, but also gives you a chance to personalize everything and match your theme. The latest party DIY we want to try are these confetti poppers from Personal Creations, who put together a step-by-step guide on how to make these poppers, as well as printable labels for any celebration. Even if you don’t consider yourself much of a crafter, you’ll find yourself having no problems putting these together — plus, you probably have most of the materials at home already! Whether it’s a birthday, wedding, or even a gender reveal party, these add an extra pop and are sure to delight your guests. Let’s get it poppin!
1. Knot your balloon, then cut off the tip. Stretch the balloon tightly around your toilet paper tube and secure with a piece of packing tape.
2. Cut out your printable label and secure with tape around the tube. Add additional glitter or stickers if desired.
3. To DIY your own confetti, take your fringe scissors and cut your metallic tissue paper and any additional paper you prefer to be made into confetti. We suggest making 3 tablespoons of confetti per tube.
4. Add the confetti to the tube. You may need to use a rolled piece of paper as a funnel to guide your confetti into the tube.
5. Cover the top of the confetti popper with a thin layer of tissue paper and tape. Then instruct guests to take off right before popping.
6. To launch your confetti popper, pull down on the bottom knot of the balloon and let go. The confetti should shoot up in the air with a pop!
By Katie Santos
Follow Personal Creations on: Twitter
Click the link to Personal Creations post.