Healthy Alternative Peanut Butter, Banana & Oat Muffins. Free from dairy, gluten, flour and sugar but still oh so scrummy!
I thought it was about time I did a very healthy post (I’ve got a family wedding this weekend and didn’t want to be bloated in my new, slightly tighter than usual, dress) I wanted something super good for you and super easy to make. So these little beauts were created. My boyfriend actually said (quote) “These are my favourite healthy bakes you’ve ever made” YES. WINNER. I don’t think I need to say anymore… #SoGoodForYouYouCanHaveLoads #HealthyBreakfast?
- 2 medium Bananas
- 275g peanut butter (I used crunchy, but smooth if you prefer)
- 75g Oats + a couple of tbsp for dusting (gluten free)
- 75g honey + a couple of tbsp for drizzling
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Makes about 10 muffins
A muffin tin greased with oil (or butter if not dairy free, see hints & tips page number 7)
Preheat oven to 180oC
1) In a large bowl chuck in all the ingredients above. That’s right, all of them, at the same time. Whisk on a medium speed until everything is mixed well.
2) Pour the batter into prepared muffin tin until the batter is level with the top of the muffin hole. Sprinkle with a few extra oats and pop in the middle shelf of the oven for about 15 mins. They will start to brown around the edges when done.
3) Leave to cool in the muffin tin. While cooling in the muffin tin, drizzle with your extra honey. Once cooled, turn out into a wire rack to cool completely.
These are very moist and because of the banana and lack of flour they only last about 3 days, but they freeze well if you don’t get through them. I however doubt there will be any left after 3 days. Not in my household anyway!