How do you buy beauty products? Under pressure at a beauty counter? Shopping online and taking a gamble? Or just sticking to the same products and brands because it’s “what you’re used to”?
Sound familiar? Well we have just the solution…. myshowcase, which aims to change that. What’s even better is We at Those London Chicks are pleased as punch to offer this opportunity to one lucky winner. A voucher worth £50, yep £50… to spend on a wealth of brands. We at Those London Chicks are HUGE fans of myshowcase, the idea, the variety and the ethos of the company.
Nancy Cruickshank (creator of handbag.com) and Kate Shapland (The Telegraph Magazine’s Beauty Editor) founded myshowcase because they believe that buying and discovering beauty products should be a fun and rewarding experience for everyone, and we totally agree!
We at Those London Chicks love beauty products especially finding new brands. It’s hard and can feel overwhelming sometimes to know what products to experiment with as so many come onto the market so often. So it is great to have a ‘beauty edit’… by someone with years of experience, Kate Shapland. Also to have the opportunity to discuss and exchange thoughts and feelings about a brand in a social environment, bliss!
myshowcase sells 30+ brands via a network of Stylists, curated by Kate Shapland. The brands are not widely available on the UK high street, each has an amazing story to tell and MyShowcase believe the founders of these independent brands need to be championed. Some of the brands are better known than others – for example Balance Me, Nicky Clarke, Aurelia Probiotic Skincare and Neom. Others, like Beatitude, Ruth Mastenbroek, Sage LA and Antonia Burrell, have smaller profiles.
The way MyShowcase works….
Stylists are women who want to work, but flexibly on their terms. They organise events (largely in homes, but in offices too) where they showcase the brands. Customers can buy at these events and also via the website www.myshowcase.com where sales are linked back to the introductory Stylist.
Customers attend showcases and shop with their friends. It’s a fun, sociable and unpressurised way to buy beauty products. Key to the experience is that customers discover new brands via honest and reliable feedback from Stylists and their friends in the comfort and privacy of home. Stylists tell the stories behind the brands, explaining the benefits and uniqueness of each. Many customers attend regular showcases as their beauty supplies run low, new collections are launched and new brands are sourced. myshowcase is constantly evolving to recruit new Stylists and brands.
Showcases are the ultimate way to get together with friends to discover and buy beauty products.
The MyShowcase Edit
Aurelia Probiotic Skincare, James Read Tan, T LeClerc, Elizabeth’s Daughter, Neom Luxury Organics, Balm Balm, Beatitude, Ruth Mastenbroek, Face Stockholm, B The Eyebrow Experts, Sage LA, Antonia Burrell, Mitchell and Peach, New CID, Orba, Balance Me, Baby Face, Connock London, English Graphics, Nicky Clarke, Gentleman’s Tonic, Wild About Beauty, Legology, S5 Skincare, Mama Mio & Mio, Friedemodin, Bandtz, Shavata, Concoction, Dr Lipp, Andrea Garland, Magnitone, Jane Scrivner, Ameliorate, La Monta ña, Vita Liberata sunscreens, Magicstripes.
“This is an entirely new concept in beauty retail. Think Avon meets Space NK, but with a passion for supporting female entrepreneurs in building or expanding their businesses – be it a brand or as a Stylist.” NANCY CRUICKSHANK
Read our Interview with the co-founder and CEO of MyShowcase Nancy Cruickshank: Chicks Chat
Discover more about becoming a Stylist or hosting or for further information visit their site: myshowcase
or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org /0207 384 9600
How To Enter Our myshowcase Competition
It’s so simple. All you have to do is follow us on Twitter and retweet our competition Tweet! For details of Terms and conditions read the section below. This competition is open to everyone!! Yay!
Terms and Conditions
2. Employees of Those London Chicks Ltd or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available above and available on @LondonChicks Twitter feed.
5. Closing date for entry will be 30.05.2015 After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: Follow @Londonchicks on twitter and retweet the competition tweet.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen at random.
12. The winner will be notified by twitter DM within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter will contact the winner for address details to send the prize to. Only UK Address’s are permitted for Prizes to be sent to.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner’s name will be available as soon as randomly picked and announced on Twitter and on our Website.
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Those London Chicks Ltd and not to any other party. We will not use or store your information in anyway.