Howdy, Friends! We are BFF yogis, Christy and Meg! Christy (left) is a yoga studio owner and Meg (right) is a photographer (specializing in newborn babies). We’ve known each other for about 5 years and in each other have found a friendship full of love, laughter and acceptance. Practicing partner yoga together has definitely strengthened that bond! In January, we started a 365 day partner yoga project entitled Partner Yoga 365. Follow along on Instagram, and do it with us!
Before you Begin:
- Find a partner you can trust. Trust is the very foundation of all partner yoga (and friendship, for that matter!)
- Decide who will be the “base” and who will be the “flyer” The base is generally the person who is bigger, but that doesn’t always have to be the case. In the examples below, Christy is the base, and Meg is the flyer. Christy is super strong, so she makes a good, solid base. Meg recently had a baby, so she is trying to rebuild her core…she’s getting there!
- Consider using a spotter. It’s often helpful to have a spotter to help you get into some of the trickier poses, and also to check your alignment. A spotter can see things you can’t necessarily see when you’re in the posture.
- Be mindful of your body and what it’s telling you. If something doesn’t feel right, it isn’t. Re-position or come out of it completely, and try again.
- Laugh, have fun, take pictures, post them, tag us ?
Let’s Do It!