RASPBERRY AND HONEY OAT BARS (GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE)
200g gluten free oats
50g gluten free corn flakes
60g honey (or maple/date syrup if vegan)
75g milk (any kind, almond, soy, coconut, dairy)
50g oil (I used 20g coconut and 30g sunflower, but either is fine)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
100g frozen raspberries (roughly chopped or crumbled)
Line/grease a 7″ by 9″ baking tray
preheat oven to 200oC
1) If you are using coconut oil, melt it in a small saucepan over a low heat. Once melted, set aside to cool.
2) In a large bowl mix together the oats and cornflakes. Then chuck in the honey, milk, oil and vanilla extract and mix together with a wooden spoon until everything has come together and is evenly mixed.
3) Carefully fold in the raspberries and mix again until evenly dispersed.
4) Pour this into the prepared baking tin and flatten the top down with either the back of the spoon or your (clean!) hands, making sure there are no gaps or holes. (I use my hands – much easier!)
5) Pop on the middle shelf of the preheated oven for 17-19 mins. It will become golden brown on top when done. Once baked, leave to cool in the tray and then once cooled, pop straight in the fridge to cool and set completely.
6) Once cold, leave it at least an hour if you can, turn out onto a chopping board and cut into 12 squares.
Simple, filling and guilt free!