Banana and oat protein pancakes
Ingredients for Banana and Oat Protein Pancakes
- 2 medium bananas (sliced)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 60g banana flavoured protein (I used Fortified)
- 100g oats (gluten free if desired)
- 35ml milk (soy/almond/dairy)
coconut oil spray (or an oil spray of your choice)
(served with blueberries, sliced banana and maple syrup – optional)
makes about 8 3″ pancakes
1) In a nutri bullet or food processor whizz together 2 chopped bananas, egg whites, egg, 70g of oats, cinnamon, milk and protein until you get a smooth thick consistency. (I chucked it all in, whizzed for 20 seconds, stopped, gave it a shake and then whizzed again, just to make sure nothing was stuck to the sides!)
2) Once that is done, add the remaining 30g oats and stir in until they are evenly dispersed. Set aside.
3) Heat a large frying pan on a medium-high heat and coat the pan with the coconut oil spray. Once the pan is hot, pour a ladle sized amount of the batter into the pan (making the best pancake shape you can – you shouldn’t need to do more than slowly pour it from a few cm above the pan and it’ll naturally form a circle shape). Let this fry for about 20/25 seconds. You know when to flip it over when you see little bubbles forming on top – keep your eye on them, they don’t take long! Flip over and repeat. You might be able to get 2 going at the same time, depending on the size of your pan.
4) Repeat until you have no more batter and serve immediately. I love them warm, drizzled with maple syrup, but if you can’t finish them, pop them in an airtight container for a little protein snack for later in the day.