What you should know if you hate your tattooed eyebrows
6 Things You Should Know….
Semi permanent makeup is growing in popularity because it’s an easy way to wake up with makeup and in a world where people are rushing all over the place, that’s a good thing!
I know two things….Permanent makeup, when done correctly can be a life saver and when it goes wrong….will leave you feeling disfigured.
So, you got a Permanent Makeup voucher from Daily Deal website and now you hate your brows…. What are your options? If ever there was an industry where you get what you pay for it’s Permanent Makeup, so please do your research and don’t skimp on your face.
Here are some tips of what to do.
- Don’t go back for a touch up. If you hate the ink you have now, no amount of ink is going to fix it.
- Do go get a second opinion. Sometimes brows can be fixed by an experienced tech. But be weary of putting more ink on top of bad.
- Do not allow anyone to talk you into camouflage with a skin colour ink. Again, more ink on top of bad.
- Start exfoliating with fine sea salt and a drop of water as soon as the scabs come off but be gentle. You don’t want to end up with a scar. This will remove 80% of the ink over a six month period. Do it daily.
- Be prepared for laser tattoo removal. Exfoliating with sea salt will mean you will need less treatments.
- Understand that this is not a quick fix. It has taken me three years to remove some ink. But I’ve done it without scaring…a quick fix often = Scars
Doing your research is the best insurance policy against bad Permanent Makeup. It’s also important to understand that you should be going for a classic looks that won’t go out of style or that you won’t grow out of.
Repairing bad permanent makeup is all about getting the ink out. If you understand this, you are prepared to find a technician that can help you.