Hello There Chicks! We are yogi friends, Christy and Meg and we love sharing our yoga with you! We are currently on Day 300-something of a year-long partner yoga project! Follow along with us on Instagram, try it for yourself and tag us! We’d love to follow along!
Christy is a yoga studio owner and teacher, and mom to a son named Ray. When we are not working on our 365 Day Yoga Project, she can be found running her studio in Palm Coast, Florida! Check it out here!
Meg is busy with 5 sons, and also runs a photography business, specializing in newborn baby portraits. Check that out here!
We get together once a week to shoot our project. It’s been a great way to reconnect, have some girl time, get some exercise, and also get some laughs in! We are going to be sad when it’s over on December 31st. We are currently brainstorming our next project though!
Before you begin partner yoga:
- Find a partner you can trust. Trust is the foundation of partner yoga (and relationships in general, for that matter!)
- Decide who will be the “base” and who will be the “flyer” The base is generally the person who is bigger, but that doesn’t always have to be the case. In the examples below, Christy is the base, and Meg is the flyer.
- Consider using a spotter. It’s often helpful to have a spotter to help you get into some of the trickier poses, and also to check your alignment. A spotter can see things you can’t necessarily see when you’re in the posture. While shooting our project, we often have a spotter to help us in and out of challenging poses.
- Listen to your body! If something doesn’t feel right, it isn’t. Re-position or come out of it completely, and try again.
- Most importantly, have fun–and don’t get discouraged if (when!) you fall! We fall….A LOT.
OK, let’s do this!
And there you have it! We hope you’ve enjoyed reading along. Reach out on Instagram and use hashtag #christyandmeg! We’d love to see what you come up with . Namaste, Friends!